MIDIMonster Release Checklist¶
This article outlines a set of steps and checks to complete before and after a MIDIMonster release tag.
This page is a work in progress.
Before tagging a release¶
- Development & Build
- Make sure the software builds under all supported systems
- Run a recent build through Coverity Scan
- Check for open issues that should be included in the next release
- Check that all hardcoded version numbers are correct for the new release
- This mainly concerns midimonster.h and midimonster.rc
- Run a complete build with the DEBUG option enabled
- Ensure that all backends are built without the DEBUG define
Make sure the README is up to date and reflects the current state of the software
- Make sure all backends are linked from the main README
Check that all backend documentation properly reflects the current state of the backends
If something in the backend documentation changes, update the midimonster submodule in the knowledge-base repository.
- This includes known bugs & problems
Check that the manpage contains up to date and correct information
Check that the knowledge base does not make statements that directly contradict the current mainline documentation
After tagging a release¶
- Update the debianization on the debian/master branch
- Build a new Debian package using gbp buildpackage